Advert Billboard Electrocutes Pedestrians, as KEDCO Turns Blind Eye

0
Advert Billboard, Electrocutes Pedestrians, KEDCO Turns Blind Eye

The residents of Sabon Gari quarters in Kano have raised alarm over what they described as a killer advertising board located along Sarkin Yaki road.

The worried residents told our reporter that those who had bodily contact with the board, situated meters away from Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO) Sabon Gari business office had suffered from electric shock.

A petrol vendor operating close to the board speaking to our reporter on Monday at the danger scene said “this advert board is dangerous. It shocks people all the time. Even unsuspecting pedestrians who are not aware of the danger and touch the advert stand when walking past get electric shocks.

“Last week Thursday, just a day before Sallah, one among the cows that were grazing close to the danger zone got electrocuted.”

A resident in the neighborhood revealed that electric shocks from the advert facility have intensified since the raining season commenced. The source said the electric shock is being caused by an electric live wire that runs across the top of the advert board constituting a serious threat to the lives of pedestrians.

The concerned residents warned that the danger pose by the advert board may lead to more fatal causalities when schools reopen, hinting that school children usually converge at the open ground around  the board  after school hours to play games.

Efforts to reach the spokesman of KEDCO proved abortive. The image maker of the company refused to pick calls made to his mobile number and did not reply to SMS inquiries.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here